Monday, December 20, 2010

Dreams stop at the word IMPOSSIBLE!

I am married to a dreamer. I LOVE being married to a dreamer... most of the time! 

Occasionally, over the past 20 yrs, I have been guilty of occasionally being a dream squasher! Until I learned how it affects a dreamer. It absolutely deflates them but more importantly, it can hinder what God is wanting to do.  Not only is my husband a dreamer, He is a man of faith and action!

God really does specialize in things man thinks are impossible!

Matthew 19:26 says, "Jesus looked at them and said, ‘With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.'
So if you are a dreamer be careful who you share your dreams with... and if you are married to a dreamer make sure you don't hinder what God is wanting to accomplish! Not only that, do yourself and your marriage a favor and commit to the dream.  Your marriage and ministry will absolutely never be the same.

1 comment:

Lily said...

You are sooo right-- about if you're a dreamer be careful who you share your dreams with. I'm going through a situation right now with a dream-squasher, and it's just not cool. Makes me feel sad that I shared this particular dream with a close female relative of mine who has consistently made comment after comment in an attempt to crush my dream. *sigh* I'm sure she thinks she's treating me with love by "bringing me back to reality" but it's difficult when people argue with you about what God has told you to do. Thank you for your post. Dreamers need reminders that not everyone "gets" their dreams. :)