Skip to main content

New School Year Reflections

This is a big day for us!  My oldest is now a HS senior and my 'baby' is in 9th grade!  This morning after we prayed as a family, they squacked when I ran to get the camera!  I can't help it!  The mom in me wants to capture every moment I can this year.  I know I can't freeze time, but I also know this year will fly by.

These times are so important.  I wish teenagers could understand how the decisions they make right now affect their entire future.  It seems strange that we know a teenager's brain is not fully developed yet, but they have the responsibility of decisions that they need a complete brain to make!

I am so thankful for my boys and I cherish the time we have together.  I am attempting to slow down and put certain things on hold as I create memories with them in the time I have left to be with them!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The courage to jump

I remember taking swimming lessons as a small child. To graduate from the class we had to jump off the diving board. I stood on the edge every day. I knew I could swim. I had made friends with my lifeguards and knew they would not let me drown..... but I could not take that step. At night I would think about my lesson time the next day. I would imagine myself jumping off the board and swimming to the side. The next day I would be frozen... on the edge. On the final day of class, one of the lifeguards offered to jump with me. She came behind me and wrapped her arms around me and we jumped together. She gained nothing for her efforts but a chipped tooth (true story!) but I had gained the courage to jump into the water. Even though I am now in my thirties, I MAKE myself jump off the diving board at least once every time I go swimming. Not because I am a great athlete or in great shape, but because I don't want to lose my nerve. I know how easily you can get frozen on the edge of th...

Be careful who you tell your dreams to!

I went with my son recently to see a production of Joseph and the Amazing Coat at a local community college. As I sat in the dark theater and watched the young men in the production, one of the lessons in the first part of the story hit me fresh and clear. Joseph told his dream to the wrong people at the wrong time. In his naivity, he thought his brothers would rejoice with him when he shared his dreams with them. Instead, it caused their jealous to turn to hatred of him and the favor of the father on his life. Many times in my own life, I have been too quick to share what God is showing me about the future with others. The truth is not everyone is called to share your dreams. There are circumstances and life issues people deal with that get in the way of their ability to 'rejoice with those who rejoice'. Just because you are there for other people does not mean they are capable of being there for you. Wisdom teaches us to wait and be careful about our conversation and 'the...

Urgent Prayer Request!

Sunday Afternoon Update: Just got back from my sister's house. I went with her to the doctors Friday and they are aggressively treating her donor host disease with the belief it will allow her lungs and other organs to heal. I got a chance to minister to her and some direction from God in how best to do that now. Thank you all for your prayers! I am asking everyone who reads this blog to pray for my sister, Rachel Batson . She is 39 years old and has a aplastic anemia. This is a blood disorder in which the body does not reproduce blood as it should. Rachel had a bone marrow transplant last year but has since developed graft versus host disease. The disease is in the organs of her body. This is causing the organs to shut down. She especially needs prayer for her lungs. The doctors at Vanderbilt Hospital are saying she only has 2-3 months to live with her lungs as they are. Please pray for: a healing in her body total commitment to Jesus Christ her husband-Billy her son-Trevor peace...