1. Which do you like better: hosting Thanksgiving at your home, or going elsewhere? I absolutely love hosting Thanksgiving in my home but usually choose getting together with my family over hosting since they are almost all in Tennessee.
2. Do you buy a fresh or frozen turkey? Organic? Free-range?Frozen turkey... I am a bargain shopper!
3. Do you make stuffing or dressing? What kind?Rice stuffing and seperate Dressing… bread
4. Sweet potato pie or Pumpkin pie? Pumpkin
5. Are leftovers a blessing or a curse?Totally part of the whole experience of Thanksgiving!
6. What side dishes are a must-have in your family?sweet potato casserole, deviled eggs, macaroni and cheese, potatoes and gravy, cranberry
7. What do you wish you had that might make Thanksgiving easier?Daughters!
8. If/when you go to someone else’s house for the holiday, do you usually bring a dish? Sure, ususally a dessert or appetizer... or both!
9. What do you wish one of your guests would bring to your house? crazy new appetizers
10. What do you wish one of your guests would NOT bring to your house?Any animals.
11. Do you stick with a particular menu from year to year, or do you mix it up?My favorite mix em up was when we pastored in Tennessee and had our Hispanic pastors over...they brought tamales!
12. Is Thanksgiving a religious or secular holiday in your home?It is both
13. Share one Thanksgiving tradition.Growing up, we would put up our stockings and fill them for each other between Thanksgiving and Christmas.
14. Share one Thanksgiving memory. I will never forget last Thanksgiving, doing dishes with my sister Rachel, who is now in heaven
15. Name five things you’re thankful for.
1. Personal relationship with God.2. My family and friends3. My church 4. My job5. My home