Monday, June 20, 2011

I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. (Gal 2:20)

Am I living the crucified life?

My human tendency is to live in myself... my own strength, my own desires, my own way.

We have to ask ourselves why we are feeling the way we are. For me that may mean grumpy, tired, depressed or just sad.

 Life isn't always easy or simple.
Sometimes situations others we care about are dealing with affect us.  This can cause us to withdraw from those around us. We can't change the choices other people make.  We can offer them advice and pray for them but ultimately we have to surrender them to Christ. With that surrender we sometimes grieve over their choices but the release is necessary so that we can walk in Christ ourselves.

I want Christ to live in me and through me.... that means I don't hold on to my own emotions but remember who God is and that He loves me so much He gave Himself for me... How awesome is that! My faith in Him is what I live by. Living that life means I surrender my right to live in and of myself... No withdrawing or withholding His love from others but because it is Him in me I do what he wants and He is responsible for the results!

No comments: